An earthquake hit us early this morning, like a stampede on the verandah. I was about to shower and had to pause and ponder earthquake etiquette. Does one rush naked to the 'safe zone' or dress first? I decided that in the worst case I didn't want my body pulled naked and unidentified from rubble, so I looked for my jeans. They were inside out. By the time I had them on and was at the door, it was all over. For purposes of research I did continue outside to check whether anyone else had dashed out naked but all the quick movers wore dressing gowns. Note to self: IN CASE OF EARTHQUAKE KEEP DRESSING GOWN ON HOOK ON DOOR. Need to purchase dressing gown and hook.
Much initial discussion of earthquake in the office but it was very small, unlike last year's. I may post my email description of last year's quake. Are retrospectives like that allowed in blogs? Tell me, all you experienced bloggers.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
In earthquake prone areas always wear jammies....
Re: retrospective quakes - lets hear about them.
Welcome to the world of blogging! And what a way to start off - an earthquake! Mini or otherwise, it is a great start to sharing your observations and experiences of Peru.
And yes - 'retrospectives' are allowed, as long as you give us the context, i.e when and where etc.
Then again, there are very few rules about blogging, beyond the usual rules about good writing and good photography. The main rule of blogging that sticks in my mind is like voting: post – and post often.
Did you take any photos at the time of the big previous earthquake? I'm interested to read about it, but it would be even more interesting with pics.
Post a Comment